This slow cooked lasagna is a blend of ground antelope burger and sirloin with garlic, onions, 7 cheeses and a light but savory tomato sauce. You can make this antelope 7 cheese lasagna in your slow cooker or you can bake in the oven. Either way you cook it, you’ll be asking for seconds.
- 3-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1lb antelope burger
- .5 lb antelope sirloin (optional)
- 1 box lasagna noodles uncooked or pre-cooked
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 16 oz water
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil and fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16oz – 6 Cheese Italian Blend: Mozzarella, Provolone, Romano, Fontina, Parmesan and Asiago
- 32oz Cottage Cheese
- Add 3 tablespoons oil to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add ground antelope burger and sirloin to pan. cook until browned.
- Add tomato sauce, water, bay leaves, fresh basil and all other spices to meat and cook on low for about an hour. Remove bay leaves before adding sauce to lasagna.
- In a separate bowl combine all cheese and stir together. Be sure to save a little cheese to add to the top of your lasagna during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
- Add sauce mixture to bottom of your Slow Cooker before layering the ingredients. Now you can precook your noodles if you are limited on time or use uncooked noodles for this recipe if you can wait for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add layer of noodles on top of sauce, add antelope tomato meat sauce and top with a layer of all 7 cheeses. Repeat the layers with all ingredients until you run out (Meat Sauce, Cheese, Noodles…etc.)
- Cover your antelope lasagna with the lid and set on Low for 4-5 hours. During last 30 minutes of cooking, add additional cheese cover and enjoy!