Serve for breakfast or dinner, a crustless elk sausage quiche accompanied with mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 1 ½ cup Elk Italian Sausage
- Fresh oregano
- 2 cups brown mushrooms
- ½ red onion
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
1) Cook elk sausage on medium high heat until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2) Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms, chopped onion and a few fresh oregano leaves. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until mushrooms and onion become caramelized. Add cherry tomatoes and continue to cook for another five minutes or until tomatoes become soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4) Add 6 whole eggs to a large bowl. Beat eggs until blended. Add milk, cheeses, sausage, mushrooms and stir together.
5) Spray 9×13 pan with Non Stick cooking spray. Add quiche mixture to pan and cook in oven for 25-30 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and serve. I like to serve with salsa, fresh avocado, pickled jalapenos and sour cream.