Dry rubbed Elk Sirloin with Pepper Bacon is an easy recipe to throw together when you’re looking at preparing either a great meal or a quick appetizer for guests. We make this recipe quite often using really whatever we have in the freezer… It tastes great with Venison, Goose, Sage Hen and Duck.
- 1 1/2 pounds Elk Sirloin
- Pepper Bacon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic powder
- Chili flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar (optional)
- Put together all dry rub ingredients into bowl and mix. Place elk sirloin on plate and rub dry seasoning mixture on both sides of meat. Let marinade for an hour or longer.
- Heat BBQ to high and be sure that it’s good and hot before BBQ’ing skewered meat.
- Cut elk sirloin into 1 1/2 chunks. Cut bacon into appropriate sizes for skewers.
- Place elk, bacon, elk, bacon on metal or wooden skewers.
- BBQ skewer’s until meat and bacon is cooked thoroughly. (Just a side note – don’t overcook your meat. If the bacon is not cooked completely but your meat is – remove bacon before eating.)
- Remove from skewers and serve hot.