Try something different with your meatloaf… Make elk meatloaf with olives, onions, horseradish and a little parmesan cheese served up with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground elk
- 3.8 oz sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup seasoned italian breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine ground elk, olives, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, onion, horseradish and seasonings. Form into a loaf and place into a baking dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove tin foil and continue cooking for approximately 10-15 minutes or until your meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with your favorite mashed potatoes and brown gravy.