I want to be honest and let you know that when you make these Raviolis … you’ll be addicted, craving them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know just looking at them I’m getting hungry.
Be creative with this recipe. I’d like to try sweet potatoes with elk or substitute the elk sausage with antelope, goose or duck. Maybe add a twist and try an Italian version or a Mexican version. Whatever you place in the center of these little wraps – will be magical when they come out of the oven!
- 1 cup elk sausage or burger
- 1 package round or square pasta wraps (example: Azumaya)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups zucchini
- 8-10 sage leaves
- 2 shallots
- 4 green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg beaten plus 1 teaspoon water
1) Cook elk sausage or burger thoroughly and remove from heat and set aside.
2) Melt butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic, zucchini, sage leaves, shallots and green onions. Sauté until zucchini and shallots become caramelized. Remove from heat.
3) Add elk meat, cooked vegetables and 2 tablespoons olive oil into a food processor. Pulse mixture for about 10 seconds.
4) Place 2 tablespoons of stuffing in the center of each wrap. With a pastry brush, wet the outer edges with the egg wash. Place a second wrap on top of the stuffing and press edges together with a fork or your finger. Place raviolis on non stick cookie sheet. Brush tops of raviolis with olive oil before baking.
5) Place cookie sheet into preheated 375 degree oven. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until they become brown.
6) Remove from oven and serve with your favorite Alfredo or Marinara Sauce.