How to make the Best Elk Burger?
Easy and simple recipes sometimes make for the best meals. Take any traditional elk or venison hamburger recipe and give it a quick twist by spicing up your sauce. I love heat and this Jalapeno Thousand Island sauce does it up right!
- 1 pound ground elk or venison
- ½ pound ground elk or venison sausage
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons A1 Steak Sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Thousand Island Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- several dashes of Tabasco Jalapeno Sauce
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced onion
- Skinny bagels
1) mix all thousand island ingredients together and let sit for 30 minutes while you cook your burgers.
2) Pre-heat the barbecue to high temperature.
3) In a large bowl, add Worcestershire sauce, A1 steak sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic powder salt-n-pepper to ground elk meat and sausage. Mix all ingredients by hand and then form into ‘skinny flat’ patties. The sizes of the patties are up to you. I typically get 4/5 patties out of this recipe.
4) After forming your patties, place direct on tinfoil. Cook about 7 minutes or until brown and then flip patty. Continue cooking on other side until brown – 7 minutes.
5) Toast skinny bagels on grill.
Top burger off with tomato, onions, lettuce and a heaping tablespoon of Jalapeno Thousand Island sauce. Yum!