Who doesn’t enjoy a meatball packed with flavor and melted cheese? We make these meatballs with venison and elk. You can substitute the baby spinach for kale or swiss chard or leave it out entirely. Serve with a wilted spinach salad, creamed spinach or pasta.
This is just another venison recipe that will have all of your non-wild game eating friends wanting seconds.
10/12 – 2 inch meatballs
- 1.5 lbs ground venison burger
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (reserve ¼ cup breadcrumbs for outer crust)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Fresh Mozzarella ½ inch cubes or balls
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine venison, pesto, ¾ cup breadcrumbs, egg and baby spinach. Mix ingredients together by hand and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Shape meatballs into round balls, place mozzarella cheese in center and close. Roll in remaining breadcrumbs and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes turning meatballs every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
If you have a favorite venison meatball recipe let me know… Enjoy!