I think we could easily call this Venison Bake the Super Super Food Venison Bake. I tricked the kids into thinking it was simply meat and cheese with Stove Top Stuffing — but as soon as they dug into the skillet – they knew I had added a lot of additional greens including kale, collard greens and spinach. I have to say that this was a Super Flavorful recipe that was devoured entirely within the half hour.
Give it a try and let us know what you think! – Kristy
- 1 box Cornbread Stove Top Stuffing (cook as directed)
- 1 lb ground venison
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups kale (chopped)
- 1 cup collard greens (chopped)
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 green onions
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Cook Cornbread Stove Top Stuffing as directed.
- Cook ground venison in cast iron skillet. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter, garlic and mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add chopped kale, collard greens and baby spinach to skillet and cook until greens have cooked down. Add mushroom soup mix, 1/2 cup water and ground venison stirring everything together.
- Remove from heat. Top with cheese and then top it off with the Cornbread stuffing.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Add diced green onions for color and a little added flavor.
Serve with a side salad or nothing at all…