This is a quick wild game enchilada casserole that uses some simple ingredients including a few corn tortillas, green enchilada sauce, kidney beans, tortilla chips, cheese and of course ground antelope. Serve with shredded sharp cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some corn chips.
- 1lb ground antelope burger
- 1 15oz can kidney beans
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 can light beer (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. When skillet and oil are hot add onion and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Add ground antelope burger to skillet and cook until browned. (Optional: While cooking add 1/2 can of light beer to the ground meat.) Lower heat and stir in kidney beans, cilantro, sour cream, chili powder, chipotle chili powder, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Cook on low for a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- In an oven proof dish line the bottom with a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce. Tear up your corn tortillas and layer half on the bottom of the dish. Add half of the meat then top with half of your shredded cheese and half of the crushed tortilla chips. Repeat until done layering. Pour enchilada sauce over the entire casserole and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling.
Serve with shredded sharp cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and some corn chips.