What’s your favorite comfort food? I have to say Meatloaf is my all time favorite comfort food. I’m not a fan of the traditional sweet ketchup on my meatloaf so I whipped up a sauce that’s saltier and adds a little KICK to every bite. I figured with all of this ground burger, we might as well change up some of the traditional ways of making meatloaf!
- 1.5 lbs ground antelope
- 1/2 cup panko or plain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon AI steak sauce
- 5 green chard leaves chopped
- 1 yellow or green zucchini (shaved into ribbons)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
Bloody Mary Ketchup
Stir together both ingredients and top off your meatloaf during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Demitri’s Bloody Mary Seasoning (Chilies and Peppers)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter, garlic, chard and zucchini. Cook until soft and wilted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine antelope burger, panko, egg, mustard, worcestershire sauce and A1. Add chard, zucchini and stir together. Form meat into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil. Spoon Bloody Mary Ketchup on top of meatloaf and continue to cook for 10 minutes or until done.
We served this with a side of smashed potatoes. We also enjoyed cold meatloaf sandwiches for dinner the next night! Enjoy!