Sure there’s a lot of cooking involved with this recipe, but if you time everything correctly, you’ll have an out of this world wild game feast. If you don’t have antelope sirloins readily available, it doesn’t matter, grill up whatever you do have or simply just go ‘meatless‘ for the evening. The rendered down garden tomatoes and melted fresh mozzarella spooned over buttered spaghetti squash is what really makes this dish! ~Enjoy!
- 2 Antelope sirloins
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 6-8 large tomatoes
- fresh herbs: basil, thyme and chives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 1/4 inch thick slices fresh mozzarella cheese
Antelope Sirloin Rub
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- red chili flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Turn on oven to 400 degrees. Microwave the Spaghetti Squash for 4/5 minutes on high. Cut squash in half with a sharp knife and remove seeds. Set on cookie sheet with the cut side UP. Brush with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Turn cut side over. Cook for 45/50 minutes until tender. Remove from oven. Remove flesh with a fork or spoon and set aside.
- Slice tomatoes and place in a large tin pan or two pieces of tinfoil. Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh herbs, kosher salt and black pepper. Heat outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place tomatoes on grill, close lid and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Season antelope sirloins with olive oil, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and chili flakes. Now that the grill is really hot, add sirloins cook for 3-4 minutes on one side. Turn sirloins and grill for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and cover loosely with tin-foil.
- Over medium heat melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add spaghetti squash to butter and stir. Move squash to one side and add cooked tomatoes (Note: use an immersion blender on tomatoes. This will remove some of the tomato skins and make your sauce more silky and smooth). Place sliced fresh mozzarella cheese in sauce, reduce heat to low and cover loosely with tinfoil until cheese is melted.
- Slice antelope sirloin into 1/2 inch medallions and serve immediately.
Serve a heaping spoonful of tomato sauce with melted mozzarella cheese over spaghetti squash and enjoy with the grilled antelope sirloin. Garnish with onion chives.