It’s crazy to me how you can be gone in the wide open, fresh air for 3 weeks and feel great. Then come home and catch a cold within days. Being sick was the inspiration for making this dish. I thought this was amazing but then again, my taste buds may have been a little skewed. HAHAHA!
Fresh ginger, cilantro, garlic and hoisin sauce really gave these antelope steak skewers an amazing out of this world flavor. Serve as an appetizer or as dinner.
- Antelope steaks cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 white onion
- 2-3 Jalapenos (optional)
- Mix together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, cilantro and ginger.
- Cut antelope steaks across grain on a diagonal into 1/4 inch cubes. Place antelope in a 1 gallon resealable plastic bag. Pour hoisin sauce mixture over slices, and mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Discard the marinade and thread antelope steak on skewers with onion and jalapeno slices in between each piece.
- Grill skewers 3 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
Serve with a fresh salad and a side of hoisin sauce for extra dipping! Enjoy!