Blue cheese mushroom risotto with ‘leftover’ elk meatloaf is a simple way to turn last night’s dinner into something new and amazing for dinner tonight. If you don’t have elk, try this recipe with ground hamburger or even as a side dish without the meat… you’ll be impressed.
- 1 cup Orzo pasta
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup blue cheese
- Left over elk meatloaf
- In a medium size pan melt 2 tablespoons butter on medium-high heat. Add orzo pasta to butter and brown lightly. Once pasta has browned (not burned) add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add sliced mushrooms, blue cheese and chopped meatloaf to pasta. Cover and continue to cook on low heat until warm.
Elk Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Elk
- 1 cup seasoned croutons crushed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine ground elk, crushed croutons, onion, horseradish and seasonings. Form into a loaf and place into a baking dish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes or until your meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and let rest.