Chimichurri grilled elk steaks served with toasted sourdough baguette rounds can be served as a meal or as an appetizer. This recipe would also work for venison steaks. ~Enjoy!
- 12-14 – 1/4 inch Elk Steaks
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 green or red jalapeño chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
Add all marinade ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth. Cut elk into 1/4 inch thick steaks and rub 1/2 of chimichurri marinade on steaks. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Let steaks become room temperature before grilling about 30 minutes. Heat barbeque to high heat. Grill elk steaks quickly for about 1-2 minutes per side. Remove and cover loosely with foil for 10 minutes. Slice each steak diagonally against the grain and serve with additional chimichurri sauce and toasted sourdough baguette rounds.