Elk Bloody Mary Chili con carne? HECK YES!!!!
Substitute your boring canned tomatoes for some already spiced up Bloody Mary Mix to add that extra KICK! I’m in Love with Famous Dave’s Devil’s Spit XXX Hot Bloody Mary mix. It’s a very easy recipe that tastes like you’ve been preparing it all day!
Hey, you could even make an Elk Queso Dip with this recipe. Just add a hunk of Velveeta and put everything into a CrockPot! Now there’s an idea for Sunday Football!
- 1lb ground elk burger
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Blood Mary Mix (Famous Dave’s Devil’s Spit XXX Hot is excellent)
- 1 can Kidney Beans (optional )
- 2 cups cooked Quinoa (or use rice as an option)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
Use 4-6 flour or corn tortillas cut into 2 inch squares using a pizza cutter or knife. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray, place tortillas on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees until crispy.
- Add oil to a pan and saute onions, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent about 5 minutes. Add cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and salt. Stir together and continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add ground elk to pan and brown. Then add your favorite Bloody Mary mix and stir together. Simmer covered for 1 hour being sure to stir during this time. Add drained kidney beans if you want too. I prefer mine just meat with NO beans. Heat until beans are heated through.
- Add elk chili con carne to cooked quinoa, topped with sharp cheddar cheese, some fresh avocado and baked chips! ~Enjoy.
As a side note – this would be fantastic if you were to mix Velveeta Cheese into the Chili and keep warm in a CrockPot — Elk Chili con carne Queso Dip!