Watching your weight? Make these mini elk sliders using horseradish mustard and cornmeal. Then top off with a tablespoon of your favorite Barbeque sauce and you’ll be in heaven!
- 1 lb ground elk
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon A1
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- Cheddar and Swiss Cheese
- Killer Barbeque Sauce
- Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
1) In a large bowl, add mustard, cornmeal, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper to ground elk meat. Mix all ingredients by hand and then form into small patties. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup to size how much meat to use when forming your patties. Place meat on tinfoil and press gently with your thumb creating a small indent in the center. This will help keep patties from shrinking when cooking.
2) Pre-heat the barbecue to high temperature.
3) I recommend leaving the elk burgers on the tinfoil while cooking on the BBQ. The elk meat is very lean and can have the tendency to dry out if overcooked. Cooking on tinfoil reduces the risk of overcooking.
4) Cook 7 minutes or until brown and then flip patties. Continue cooking on other side until brown – 7 minutes. Add smoked mozzarella cheese to the top of burgers during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Close lid and melt cheese.
5) Place elk sliders on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, top with some killer barbeque sauce, a few cherry tomatoes, some red onion and you are set! Enjoy!