Fajita seasoning isn’t just for making fajitas, it’s also a perfect rub for grilling skewered chunks of wild game meat over a hot grill. These flavorful elk venison rubbed skewers make a simple and easy dinner recipe for any night of the week!
Since game meat is lean, it’s best to grill these skewers over high heat. I prefer to grill at 500 degrees for approximately 1 -2 minutes on all 4 sides. Then quickly remove, cover loosely with foil and let rest before slicing. If you want to add skewered vegetables, be sure to grill them separate of the meat since they will need more time to cook. ~Enjoy.
Elk Venison Fajita Rub Skewers
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs Elk or Venison (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tbsp mexican oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the grill to high heat (500 degrees).
- Combine the cubed elk or venison with all of the seasonings and olive oil in a medium bowl. Mix until the meat is evenly coated.
- Slide all of the pieces of meat on the skewers.
- Grill the skewers for about 1-2 minutes on all 4 sides.
- Remove from heat and cover loosely with foil letting the meat rest for 10 minutes before serving.