Sometimes the simplest of ingredients can make for one fantastic and flavorful meal. Try these baked elk burger enchiladas smothered in mushroom soup and sour cream. It had to be one of the quickest to disappear out of all my enchilada recipes.
And to think that all I wanted was beef stroganoff and some enchiladas… so why not put one together with the other. Tasted amazing!
- 1.5 lbs ground elk or venison burger
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 corn tortillas (white or yellow)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8oz can chopped black olives
1) Cook elk burger and onion in heavy skillet until browned. Stir garlic powder, cumin, salt, pepper and chipotle chili pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
2) Combine soup and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring until slow soup becomes bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Set aside.
3) In medium skillet heat oil and fry tortillas for about 5 seconds on each side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Do not overcook.
4) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a few tablespoons of elk mixture in the center of each tortilla. Add some cheese and roll up – placing seam side down in a 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
5) Pour sour cream and mushroom sauce over tortillas. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and add chopped black olives. Continue to bake until all cheese is melted. Approximately 5-7 minutes.
Remove from oven and enjoy!