Sizzle up traditional meals with game meat like these green chili elk, bacon and cheese enchiladas. If you don’t have elk available you can substitute with venison, antelope or beef.
- 1.5-2 lbs ground Elk
- 4-5 slices bacon chopped
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 can Coors Light
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 28oz Las Palmas green chili enchilada sauce – Medium
1) Over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons oil, bacon and onions to skillet. Cook until onions are translucent. Add elk burger to pan and cook thoroughly. Add cumin, chipotle pepper, Coors Light and salt and pepper. Continue cooking for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat.
2) In a non stick pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and quickly fry both sides of the corn tortillas. Remove and place on paper towels.
3) Place some of the meat filling into tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. I use a 9×13 inch glass pan. Pour the green enchilada sauce over all enchiladas until they are covered completely. Add shredded cheese to the top of enchiladas… You can also add sliced olives.
4) Place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown. Enjoy!