OK, truth be told, this isn’t 100% my own recipe for these flavor packed chipotle duck and sausage mini sliders, but I do have to say I did grind my own pork sausage used in this recipe and added a little extra KICK!
Makes 10-12 mini sliders
- 6 duck breasts cut into small cubes
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage (mild or hot)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion – diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper – diced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – diced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Optional: Hawaiian sweet rolls, minced red onion, soft cheddar cheese and avocado
- Add cubed duck to food processor and pulse only a few times until meat is lumpy.
- In a separate bowl, add duck, ground sausage and all other ingredients. Mix together and then form small palm sized patties and place on tinfoil.
- Grill sliders direct on tinfoil on high heat for 5-6 minutes. Turn sliders and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve on hawaiian sweet rolls with your favorite toppings.