What’s for dinner? Why not something simple like olive elk meatloaf with horseradish mashed potatoes and brown gravy? Trust me… it’s tasty and the leftovers the next day are even better!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground Elk
- 3.8 oz sliced black olives
- 1 cup seasoned croutons crushed
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons creamy horseradish
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
1) In a large bowl combine ground elk, olives, crushed croutons, onion, horseradish and seasonings. Form into a loaf and place into a baking dish.
2) Cover with tinfoil and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove tin foil and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes or until your meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from over, let rest for 5 minutes and serve with mashed potatoes and brown gravy.