One of my favorite upland game recipes for chukar and quail are these easy to make Parmesan Chukar and Quail Nuggets with Killer BBQ Sauce. You can’t go wrong… well unless you burn ’em.
- 8-10 Chukar breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 4-6 Quail breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 3 green onions
- 4 cloves
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
1) Use skinless chukar breast and quail breast (could substitute with chicken breast, pheasant or quail but we always have chukar in our freezer.)
2) Beat about 3 eggs. Add 3 sliced green onions. Toss in a couple of whole cloves. Add 1-2 cloves of minced fresh garlic. Marinate chukar and quail in egg mixture for at least 24-48 hours.
3) Pull chukar and quail from egg mixture then roll in fresh grated parmesan. (Could substitute with the canned stuff if that’s all you’ve got.) From parmesan, then roll in dried bread crumbs.
4) Heat skillet to medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter to heated skillet. Add the chukar and quail to the pan. Meat should sizzle lightly when added to the skillet. Sauté a couple of minutes on each side till golden.
5) You want it crispy and golden on the outside but still tender and dry on the inside so be careful not to overcook.
Enjoy with a side of Killer BBQ sauce or Pesto sauce. Be sure to get plenty because they go fast!