This recipe for a spicy chimichurri sauce works as a marinade for venison meat and best when used for venison fajitas.
I like to take a 1 1/2 – 2 pound venison roast and cut it into thin slices for fajita meat. Once you have the chimichurri sauce prepared, mix the marinade with the meat and let the meat marinate for 1-4 hours prior to cooking. The cooked meat will take on the flavor of the cilantro, garlic and vinegar but also give you a little heat with the red jalapeno. If you don’t have a jalapeno substitute with another hot chile pepper.
Serve the sizzling venison fajitas in a warm flour tortilla with your favorite condiments.
Cilantro Jalapeno Chimichurri Marinade for Venison
- 1 1/2 lbs venison, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large red jalapeno or hot chile, chopped
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 salt, to taste
- Add all chimichurri marinade ingredients into a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- In a bowl, pour chimichurri marinade over sliced venison meat and mix together until coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours prior to cooking.
- Heat a cast iron griddle over medium-high heat. When the griddle is hot, add the marinaded venison cooking until browned about 7-8 minutes.