Goose Pot Stickers are a family favorite when we are lucky enough to have some goose meat in the freezer…and lucky for us this year, Andy was able to bring a few back from his Colorado goose hunt. You can make this recipe with goose or substitute duck breasts.
Pot Sticker Ingredients
- 2 Goose Breasts chopped in 1 inch cubes
- 8oz can Water Chestnuts
- 8oz can Bamboo Shoots
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 large shallot chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 package round pot sticker/dumpling wrappers
- 1 cup water
- Add top 10 ingredients to food processor and pulse until a fine stuffing is formed.
- Remove 1 pot sticker wrapper from the package and cover the others with a damp cloth. Place a small rounded teaspoon of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edge of the wrap and fold wrap in half over filling to form a semi-circle. Starting at one end, pinch the edges closed with your thumb and finger (similar to pinching the edges of a pie crust). Set on a sheet pan and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat this process until all of the filling is gone.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium-heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to pan. Add 8 to 10 goose pot stickers at a time to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side. Turn pot stickers over and slowly add 1/4 cup chicken stock to the pan, cover and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove pot stickers to a cookie sheet and place in the warm oven. Repeat until all the pot stickers are cooked.
Serve with Goose Egg Rolls, jasmine rice, sweet chili sauce, sweet hot mustard or sweet and sour sauce.