These venison enchiladas remind me of a cross between a southwestern dish and a good ‘ole fashion casserole. I can’t see anything wrong with those two especially when it comes to finding another great recipe for cooking up all that venison burger. I hope you give this one a try. I know you’ll find yourself or someone in your family wanting more… Enjoy!
- 1lb ground venison
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook ground venison, mushrooms and onion in skillet until browned. Stir in chopped olives, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the mushroom soup, milk and sour cream in a separate saucepan over low heat. Be sure to stir until warm. Remove from heat.
- With a large spoon fill venison mixture in the center of each flour tortilla. Roll up the tortilla and place seam side down in a 12x8x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour the sour cream sauce over the tortillas and top with cheese. Cover loosely with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until all cheese is 100% melted.
- Enjoy with fresh avocado, olives and taco sauce!