Who doesn’t enjoy a hearty and rich deep dish casserole every now and again?
This Cheesy Venison Pasta dish is perfect for a feeding a hungry crowd and leaving them not just fully satisfied but begging you to have more. And not only are there three cheeses in this dish, but also a combination of intense seasonings that add to the overall flavor of each and every bite.
A Cheesy Venison Pasta Casserole
- 1 lb Venison, ground
- 1 lb Orecchiette pasta
- 24 oz Pasta sauce
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook following the directions on the back of the box, drain and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and the oil, onions and garlic. Cook until the onions soften about 5 minutes. Add the ground venison to the skillet and cook until browned. Season the ground meat with the basil, parsley, marjoram and salt. Remove from heat.
- In large bowl combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, venison and pasta. Add the mixture to a 9x12 casserole dish. Pour the pasta sauce over the mixture and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.