Thanks goes out to Sandee for this White Cheddar Cheese Potato Gratin recipe. I made it Friday night and used the leftovers in another Elk Meat Pie. It was amazing!
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cups (packed) grated sharp white cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Mixed Italian cheeses
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- Whisk cream, shallots, rosemary, salt and pepper in medium bowl to blend. Place half of potatoes in prepared baking dish, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with second layer of potatoes. Pour cream mixture over potatoes in dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with Italian cheese mix.
- Cover gratin with foil and bake 1 hour. Uncover and bake until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes longer. Let gratin cool 10 minutes before serving.
Nevada Property Mortgage LLC