Instead of making tacos for dinner, try using the similar ingredients and seasonings to make these Mini Mexican Elk Sliders. Garnish with a Mexican cheese blend, fresh guacamole, sauteed onions and green chilies served on a toasted sweet Hawaiian roll. Enjoy!
Makes 6 Elk Sliders
- 1 lb ground elk burger (bacon and jalapeno burger blend)
- 1 white onion chopped
- 2 green chilies sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 6 Hawaiian rolls
Mexican Elk Slider Rub
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
Easy Guacamole Spread
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- squeeze of lime
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl combine all seasonings together for the slider rub. Using your hands mix together ground elk burger and form 6 small slider shaped patties. Place elk on a plate and rub both sides with the seasoning ingredients.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter and add onions and green chilies. Saute for 5 minutes or until your onions and chilies begin to get a little crispy. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same cast iron skillet add remainder of your butter. Place burgers in skillet and cook for approximately 5 minutes on one side. Turn and continue to cook on the other side. Remove skillet from heat.
- Top each slider with shredded Mexican cheese blend, sauteed onions and chilies. Place cast iron skillet in oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
Serve the elk sliders on a Hawaiian roll with avocado spread, onions and green chilies. I enjoy the taste of burnt cheese, so I scraped a little from the skillet and added it to the top of my Mexican Elk Slider! Deliciousness!