There’s nothing like a juicy venison hamburger loaded up with thick bacon, melted cheddar cheese and a crisp onion smothered in barbecue sauce for your next Wild Game Dinner Night.
Makes 6 Hamburgers
- 1lb ground venison burger (bacon and garlic recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce (use your favorite)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices thick dry cured or peppered bacon
- 6 Hamburger buns
- In a bowl, mix together bacon and garlic venison burger with salt, pepper, barbeque sauce, a whole egg and breadcrumbs. Shape into 6 hamburger patties. Let the meat rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet until fully cooked. Remove and set aside on a paper towel. Remove 95% of the bacon fat from skillet.
- Set your oven to broil.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter with bacon fat. Place burgers in skillet and cook for approximately 6-7 minutes or until browned. Turn and continue to cook on the other side.
- Remove from heat. Cut bacon in half and top each hamburger with 2 thick slices and 2 slices of cheddar cheese. Place cast iron skillet under the broiler until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
Place the venison hamburger on your favorite hamburger bun, add a slice of crisp white onion and pour your favorite barbeque sauce all over the top. Squeeze together and enjoy! We served these hamburgers with oven roasted sweet potato fries.