I cannot believe that it’s already been three years since Andy and I went out on his first Bull Elk tag here in Nevada. Our freezer is running low with elk meat but luckily he’s drawn another elk tag. This year he’ll be going out for a Muzzleloader Cow Elk and I am so thrilled for him to bring home more elk meat.
In memory of the last elk, I made these amazing Pesto Elk Meatballs alongside some garden fresh shaved zucchini cooked in a little brown butter.
I seriously believe you could fool anyone with this wild game recipe…
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!
- 1 – 1/12 lb elk ground burger
- 6 tablespoons Pesto
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and ¼ cup breadcrumbs. Mix all ingredients together by hand and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Put remaining breadcrumbs in a bowl. Shape meatballs into round balls, roll in breadcrumbs and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning meatballs after the first 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.