Elk and cheese-filled flour tortillas baked under a green sauce infused with tequila. Adjust the amount of tequila to suit your taste. Enjoy! (Substitute ground venison or antelope)
- 1.5-2 lbs ground Elk or Venison
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded 4 cheese mexican blend
- ½ cup Tequila
- 28oz + 14oz Green chili enchilada sauce (Mild)
- Green onions and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Add ground meat to cast iron skillet. Add cumin, garlic powder, chipotle pepper and salt and pepper while cooking. Cook thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and 3/4 cup cheese to meat and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, add tequila to enchilada sauce. Add 1 cup of sauce to bottom of baking dish.
- Place meat filling into flour tortillas, roll up and place seam side down in a baking dish. I use a 9×13 inch glass pan. Pour remaining sauce over all enchiladas until they are covered completely. Add shredded cheese to the top of enchiladas.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove foil and broil for 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro.