A quick and hearty elk chili that uses minimal ingredients and makes just the right amount of food for two. Try substituting ground venison or antelope.
- 1-1 1/2 lbs ground elk or venison
- 15oz can tomato sauce
- 15oz can kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Taco Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Jiffy Cornbread Mix
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING ELK CHILI
1) Cook ground elk over medium heat until browned. Add tomato sauce, 1 cup of water and all seasonings. Stir together, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes to 1 hour. If chili becomes thick add a little extra water.
2) In a separate bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons of Jiffy Corn Bread mix and 2 tablespoons of water. Add mixture to chili and stir together. Add kidney beans. Cook for 10 more minutes.
3) Serve with Sharp Cheddar cheese, sour cream, cilantro, green onion and jalapenos.