Looking for inspiration on what to cook alongside your wild game? These deep-fried vegetables are easy to make and more importantly… they are outstanding. Cook these up as an appetizer with the Duck Stir-Fry or serve separately with your favorite Ketchup!
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup ice water + 2 tablespoons
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sifted flour
- kosher salt
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
- Using a mandoline or a knife, cut vegetables lengthwise into strips 1/8 inch wide. Then cut vegetables in half so you end up with approximately 4 inch long pieces. Cut onion into strips separating the layers.
- In a bowl, mix egg and ice water together. Sift flour into water mixture and stir leaving a few lumps here and there.
- Heat oil in a large pan until its good and hot for frying. Working in batches, deep fry vegetables until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towels to drain.
- Add some kosher salt for seasoning and serve.